What should I wear to an interview?
Dress for success! Follow these general rules avoid outfit mishaps.
- Do your research and determine what is the appropriate attire to wear for the job you are interviewing for
- Hair should be clean and neatly groomed
- Groom your nails before an interview
- T-shirts are not appropriate for an interview or most jobs
- Avoid wearing jeans, capris, and cropped pants
- Cover tattoos, if possible
- Avoid wearing hats
- Avoid any bright or patterned clothing that may be distracting
- Clothing should not be too tight
- Wear moderate amount of cologne or perfume
- Dress to impress from head to toe…no flip-flops, sneakers, sandals, or funky boots
- Don’t forget the basics: take a shower and take care of basic hygiene issues
- Get rid of the attitude and greet your interviewer with enthusiasm and a firm handshake
- Remember to make eye contact